Today, I wanted to let you in on some personal facts about me.
Here they come!
- You guys out there must have realised by now that I am a bookworm. However, what you probably don’t know is that I don’t just read a book. Reading to me is like escaping to another world, taking on the identity of the character/s in the book whilst I do so. I also love to do my research. Whether it’s looking up a place which is mentioned, or taking notes on the vocabulary I come across.
- When it comes to music, I like a variety of genres. Anything from movie soundtracks and instrumental music, golden oldies (50s, 60s, and 70s), to modern pop and rock songs. Some of my favourite bands and singers are: Pink Floyd, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Black Keys, The Heavy, Kaleo, Kasabian, Santana, AC/DC, Oasis, Kings of Leon, Maroon 5, Elton John, Robbie Williams, Paolo Nutini, Ray LaMontagne and Nick Waterouse. Hands down, my favourite music composers are Hans Zimmer, Jesper Kyd, Howard Shore and Jed Kurzel.
- I’m into several different forms of art. In fact, I paint, draw, act, play the drums, and I’ve also taken a keen interest in photography lately.
- This is my third year as a football referee. Surprisingly enough, it is the job that has taught me a lot of things. Lessons which I will carry with me throughout my life, in all that I do. To be disciplined and more responsible, to be a good communicator, to help educate others, and most of all… to be patient and to develop a thick skin.
- I am terrified of reptiles and insects – mainly snakes, cockroaches, and grasshoppers.
- I am not afraid of dying, but I am scared of old age, and the various health complications that it brings with it.
- I am a synesthete. To be more specific, a grapheme-color synesthete. What does that mean, you ask? Well, grapheme-color synesthesia, is the phenomenon that I, and others who are like me, experience whenever we see a number. That’s the thing, though. We not only see the number or letter, but we also perceive it, and usually associate that particular number or letter with a colour. To give you an idea, in my case, this is how I “perceive” the following year numbers: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019.
- I’m a self-confessed “grammar Nazi”. I know, it’s not exactly the nicest way of describing someone who is obsessed with correcting other people’s grammar and spelling mistakes, but hey.
- I am an atheist.
- I’ve travelled to Denmark, Sweden, Austria, the U.K., and Canada. And I plan to make that list longer, in the future.
– Preston Carbonaro